Do you often get asked that question by a colleague, friend or a family member and realise with sudden happiness that you haven’t got a single thing planned?
It’s a great feeling, isn’t it?
The next question is what will you do with all of this free time? Your choices are endless but one great option is to volunteer.
Volunteering is one of the most rewarding things you can do. And thinking about how you want to benefit from volunteering is a good start to finding an opportunity that’s right for you.
- Gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference, have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community helping you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills and gain experience
- Take on a challenge try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Volunteering can help you meet your personal goals and there is no greater satisfaction than achieving them through your own efforts.
At WellFound you can come along and volunteer at one of our events or for more long term volunteer options you can have a look at our three and six month volunteer packages which are suitable for Duke of Edinburgh bronze and silver awards. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.